LastPass is a password manager that many people find helpful. It comes with a wide variety of packages to choose from, so every person gets a personalized experience regarding their security needs. They can purchase basic password management features up to more advanced emergency access tools. Also, there is a free plan that tops every other free plan out there.
To find out more about LastPass and everything it has to offer, keep reading this LastPass review below.
Pros & Cons
- Account Recovery – Users can still access their account if they forget their master password.
- Emergency Access – Have a trusted contact have access to your passwords in case of an emergency.
- Auto-Change – LastPass can auto-change passwords without needing you to enter a website and do it manually.
- Auto-Change – This function is a pro and a con because it needs to work with more sites, and it would be useful if it could change passwords on multiple sites at once.
- Customer Support – It would be appreciated if an easier way to contact customer support was available. Many people would rather have a phone call than an email, so having that choice would be good.
LastPass is extremely user-friendly and can be accessed on both Windows and Mac. Both the web browser and desktop apps are intuitive, allow for customization, and make it simple for users to edit their entries. The software enables users to add a wide range of secure information like passwords, payment cards, passports, databases, and more. There are already many pre-made entries available, but users can create custom ones.
Additionally, manually adding entries to the vault is simple. After adding the entries needed, LastPass also offers different ways to organize the information. This is useful because then, every person can have customization over their information.
LastPass gives you many features to use and enjoy, but these are the top four features available to you in this LastPass review:
- 256-bit AES Encryption – The 256-bit encryption is used by banks and militaries across the globe, so every user knows that their passwords are protected by encryption that has never been broken.
- Local Encryption – All passwords are saved in the user’s vault so that the company can access the password manager.
- Multiple Account Recovery Options – People forget their passwords all the time, so it is helpful that there are various ways for the user to recover their password to access their vault.
- Two-Factor Authentication – Two-factor authentication makes it impossible for someone else to access your data on a different device.
Support is essential when working with any software. LastPass has good customer support for general questions, but contacting the support team is more challenging. There is a good collection of videos, guides, and FAQs in the community forum, so users can try and fix their problems themselves. There is also a chatbot, but it can only answer basic questions.
There is no phone support, but an email to the support team can be found at the bottom of the page in the community forums. Paid customers are bumped up in the line when it comes to questions needing to be answered through email, but they still respond promptly to questions from unpaid customers.
LastPass Pricing – What Does It Cost?
There are five pricing options here, and each one builds upon the last. Here is a breakdown of all the tiers:
Access on one device
Save & autofill passwords
|Premium||Starting from: $3.51 /user/mo||Access on all devices|
One GB encrypted file storage
Dark web monitoring
|Families||Starting from: $4.60 /user/mo||Six individual, encrypted vaults|
Family manager dashboard
Group & share items
|Teams||Starting from: $4.60 /user/mo||50 users or less|
Vault for every user
Zero-knowledge security model
|Business||Starting from: $6.89 /user/mo||Unlimited users|
3 SSO apps with MFA
100+ customizable policies
Advanced SSO & MFA add-ons
Overall, this LastPass review has shown powerful software perfect for beginners and technologically advanced users. There is a wide range of tools that are not available with other password managers, it’s affordable, and the LastPass Free version is one of the best password managers out there for all to use.
Also, LastPass Premium does offer a lot of great features, which makes it worth the purchase for those that can afford it. With so many options, easy usability, and features, LastPass is a password manager for all to enjoy.
Try Out LastPass Now!
This password manager can protect your passwords, credit card information, address, passport, and more. It can also help change your password on multiple sites, so you do not have the headache of doing so yourself.